Attract Bluebirds With Food
Wild Birds Unlimited has tips for 3 foods bluebirds simply can't resist!
Using Seed Cylinders for Bird Feeding
Learn how our Wild Birds Unlimited seed cylinder products work and why they are a great option for backyard bird-lovers.
How to Attract Goldfinches
Learn a few tips on how to attract and keep finicky goldfinches around your property.
Attract Birds With Water
How you can attract more birds to your property by providing them water.
Read Helpful Tips
Backyard Birding Articles
You may have heard of Chickadee Ridge before, but what is it exactly and what makes the chickadees there so special?
Is there a feeder more user friendly and versatile than a wire feeder like the Moana Perfect Start? If there is, we sure haven’t found it yet!
Learn the three basic parts of building the best backyard habitat for birds and bird-watching with our Wild Bird's Unlimited Manager, Lisa Braginton.
Bird Care Tips
Participate in the 26th Annual Great Back Yard Bird Count February, 2023 – great family activity! Please visit the official website at: http://gbbc.birdcount.org/about/ for more information.
- Put out apple pieces, raisins soaked in water, grapes & other fruit in hanging fruit feeders or open trays to attract American robin, cedar waxwing, finches & mockingbirds.
- Provide birds with a supply of high fat, high-calorie food like nyjer, peanuts, Winter Supreme Blend and suet to help them stay warm. These foods are especially important in extreme cold or when there is a heavy snowfall.
- Install a clear plastic weather dome to protect tube feeders from rain and snow.
- Put out suet and mealworms to attract insect-eating birds like northern flickers, downy woodpeckers, nuthatches, chickadees, wrens, bushtits, kinglets and yellow-rump warblers.
- Continue to supply fresh water in a heated bird bath or add a de-icer to a frost-proof bird bath to ensure a steady supply of water.
- Empty old seed before refilling feeders. Clean bird feeders and bird baths at least once a month with a weak bleach solution of 1 part bleach to 9 parts water to help prevent the spread of disease.
- Get more tips to keep your birds healthy at https://reno.wbu.com
- Store bird food in a sealed container and keep in a cool dry place to prevent spoilage.
- Install a customized Wild Birds Unlimited bird feeding station where you can easily enjoy the birds it attracts. It can be installed in the ground, on a deck railing or on a hard surface like a patio, wooden deck or pavers.