Moana Nursery Plant Guarantee
We guarantee our trees, shrubs & perennials, #1 and larger, for 1 year from date of purchase, provided they have been properly planted, watered and cared for. We guarantee that our plants are healthy at the time of purchase; however, once they are in your possession, it is your responsibility to promptly plant them and give them proper care.
Following these vital steps will help you succeed & keep your plant covered by our warranty:
1. Plant your plant in the ground as soon as possible, in a hole 2x the width of the root ball. Plants that have been planted in containers or not planted at all are not be covered by our warranty.
2. Enrich your soil with much needed nutrients, we recommend G&B Organics Soil Building Conditioner and G&B Organics Purely Compost. The soil in our region has a tendency to be baron, planting without adding nutrients can put your plant at risk.
3. Water! Plants without proper irrigation will not be covered by our warranty. For best results, add Superthrive to your first watering to reduce transplant shock.
4. Staking may be necessary for trees or saplings. High winds can dislodge plants that are not appropriately staked. Without proper stakes, wind damage may not be covered by our warranty.
5. Mulching in warmer months keeps root balls wet longer and reduces your water usage. Mulching in colder months prevents frost damage to roots.
6. Fertilize, plants need food, too! For new plantings you should only use slow release fertilizers like G&B Organics Starter Fertilizer or G&B Organics Paradise Fertilizer.