Winterize Moana Nursery Irrigation System (usually in November for high desert):
- Close Supply Valve (turn clockwise completely).
- Open Test Cocks one quarter turn either direction (so the slot is horizontal).
- Turn Ball Valves one-eighth turn (so valve handles at 45 degrees to pipe).
- Open Manual Drain Valves (maybe more than one; turn counterclockwise completely).
- Turn System Controller Dial from Auto to Off.
- Two Test Cocks – – slot horizontal for winter and vertical for spring.
- Ball Valve handle at 45 degrees to pipe allows drainage from pressure vacuum
- Ball Valve handle at 45 degrees to pipe allows drainage to system (both handles in line with pipe in spring for start-up).
Remember: Must shut off water supply first.
Last … find and open manual drain valves (they may be in green box next to watering valves and wiring or in separate, capped tube; water should drain to a trickle).