Moana Nursery Seminars and Events
Our seminars and workshops are conducted by our friendly and knowledgeable staff and local garden experts.
- Seminars are held in our Landscape & DesignCenter at the Moana Lane Nursery location (across the parking lot).
- They are held on Saturdays at 10AM and last about an hour.
- Seminars are FREE, and we operate on a first come, first served basis.
- Space is limited to a maximum of 60, so please come early to get a seat.
- Standing in the back of the room is not permitted, as this is a fire hazard. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
- Popular seminar topics may be repeated.
- We appreciate feedback on our seminars ... please complete this quick survey here.
Begins: Saturday, January 28, 2017 at 10:00 AM PST
January 28: Houseplants ... Get your green going! Moana Lane Plant Doctor Lisa Braginton will discuss some of the hows and whys of growing houseplants and review the most popular varieties. Gigi Williams, designer extraordinaire, will demonstrate exciting ways to display plants in your home.
Orchid Society of Northern Nevada Annual Orchid Show
Begins: Friday, February 3, 2017 at 09:00 AM PST
Orchid Society of Northern Nevada Annual Orchid Show plus “How to” orchid seminars on February 4th & 5th at Moana Lane Garden Center. Show is located inside Moana Lane Garden CenterFriday, Feb. 3: 9 AM - 5 PMSaturday, Feb. 4: 9 AM - 5 PMSunday, Feb. 5: 10 AM -- 2 PM
Growing Orchids on Your Windowsill
Begins: Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 10:00 AM PST
Sat, Feb 4, 10AM 'Growing Orchids on Your Windowsill" Peter Gulash ... at Moana Lane seminar room.
Repotting Your Orchids - Why, When and How
Begins: Sunday, February 5, 2017 at 12:00 PM PST
Sun, Feb 5, 12 noon 'Repotting Your Orchids - Why, When and How" Christine Iwahashi at Moana Lane seminar room.
Ask Our Experts In-Store ... Every Day!
Begins: Friday, February 10, 2017 at 09:00 AM PST
Seminars are great but don't forget our staff of green experts can answer questions and provide solutions every day.