Seminars & Events: Moana Nursery Reno & Sparks, Nevada
Our seminars and workshops are conducted by our friendly and knowledgeable staff and local garden experts.
- Seminars are held in our Landscape & DesignCenter at the Moana Lane Nursery location (across the parking lot).
- They are held on Saturdays at 10AM and last about an hour.
- Seminars are FREE, and we operate on a first come, first served basis.
- Space is limited to a maximum of 60, so please come early to get a seat.
- Standing in the back of the room is not permitted, as this is a fire hazard. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
- Popular seminar topics may be repeated.
- We appreciate feedback on our seminars ... please complete this quick survey here.
Winterizing Roses, Shrubs & Trees and Putting your Yard to Bed
Begins: Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 10:00 AM PST
October 17: Winterizing Roses, Shrubs & Trees and Putting your Yard to Bed. . . if you’re a new to Nevada gardener, this is for you! ... Jon Bruyn, Moana plant doctor, certified arborist and high desert gardener, will present expert tips and techniques for preparing your roses, flowering shrubs, trees for the winter. Included in the presentation are: NOT pruning before winter, minimizing damage, watering routines and winter mulching. This is one of our most popular seminars, so be sure to arrive a bit early.
Ask Our Experts In-Store ... Every Day!
Begins: Friday, October 23, 2015 at 09:00 AM PST
Seminars are great but don't forget our staff of green experts can answer questions and provide solutions every day.
Composting 101 - Black Gold
Begins: Saturday, October 24, 2015 at 10:00 AM PST
October 24: Composting 101- Turn your Garden & Kitchen Waste into Black Gold ... Join Moana plant doctor, horticulturist and long-time high desert gardener Steve Packer to learn the basics of composting: what to compost - from yard waste to kitchen scraps; the steps and recipe for turning them into a rich soil amendment for your garden: the numerous kinds of composters available along with their benefits. Steve will share his own tips for successful composting.
Nevada Day weekend – no seminar
Begins: Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 10:00 AM PST
October 31: Nevada Day weekend – no seminar.