Seminars & Events
Our seminars and workshops are conducted by our friendly and knowledgeable staff and local garden experts.
- Seminars are held in our Landscape & DesignCenter at the Moana Lane Nursery location (across the parking lot).
- They are held on Saturdays at 10AM and last about an hour.
- Seminars are FREE, and we operate on a first come, first served basis.
- Space is limited to a maximum of 60, so please come early to get a seat.
- Standing in the back of the room is not permitted, as this is a fire hazard. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
- Popular seminar topics may be repeated.
- We appreciate feedback on our seminars ... please complete this quick survey here.
Ask Our Experts In-Store ... Every Day!
Begins: Friday, March 6, 2015 at 09:00 AM PST
Seminars are great but don't forget our staff of green experts can answer questions and provide solutions every day.
Planning & Starting Your Edible Garden
Begins: Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 10:00 AM PST
March 7: Planning & Starting Your Edible Garden ... Horticulturist and high desert gardener Lisa Braginton will discuss site selection, seed starting, soil preparation & feeding. You’ll learn about varieties of fruits and veggies that grow well in our area, crop rotation, companion planting and other tips that will ensure your success. If you’re new to gardening, this class is a must!
Planning and Caring for Your Home Orchard
Begins: Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 10:00 AM PST
March 14: Planning & Caring for your Home Orchard ... Certified Arborist and plant doctor Jon Bruyn’s seminar will cover fruit trees, small fruits, berries and grapes that do well in northern Nevada.
Rose Care 101
Begins: Saturday, March 21, 2015 at 10:00 AM PST
March 21 Rose Care 101 ... Join Dianne Stortz-Lintz, Rose Specialist and former City of Reno Horticulturist, to learn when (April) and how to prune your roses; proper techniques will be demonstrated. Dianne will share tips for having spectacular roses even if you’ve never grown them before. You’ll learn about the different varieties of roses and how easy they can be when the right varieties and locations are selected as well as what planting techniques will ensure your success.
Lean and Green
Begins: Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 10:00 AM PST
March 28: Lean and Green. ... Is a beautiful, healthy lawn incompatible with responsible water use? NO. We'll talk about the hows and whys in this 2015 must attend seminar.