Moana Nursery Seminars and Events
Our seminars and workshops are conducted by our friendly and knowledgeable staff and local garden experts.
- Seminars are held in our Landscape & DesignCenter at the Moana Lane Nursery location (across the parking lot).
- They are held on Saturdays at 10AM and last about an hour.
- Seminars are FREE, and we operate on a first come, first served basis.
- Space is limited to a maximum of 60, so please come early to get a seat.
- Standing in the back of the room is not permitted, as this is a fire hazard. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
- Popular seminar topics may be repeated.
- We appreciate feedback on our seminars ... please complete this quick survey here.
Life Inside a Hive – A Primer on Backyard Bee Keeping
Begins: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 10:00 AM PST
May 28: Life Inside a Hive – A Primer on Backyard Bee Keeping ..... Hosted by Newcomers Garden Club .....10 am – Landscape & Design Center ..... Join Stephanie Jennings, beekeeper, gardener and High Desert Iris Society President who will present "Life Inside a Hive." She will discuss how to get started as a backyard bee keeper and the importance of bees in your garden. Free seminar.
Iris - Bridge Over the Sierras
Begins: Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 10:00 AM PST
June 1: Iris - Bridge Over the Sierras – 10 am to Noon - Landscape Design Center ..... A symposium presented by the High Desert Iris Society (HDIS) ..... Learn about lesser-known species of iris that can grow in our area in addition to bearded iris. Iris as a 'Bridge Over the Sierras' refers to our many regional micro-climates. Amendments, iris growing seasons, companion plants and benefits of joining an iris club will be discussed along with additional information for beginner and advanced gardeners. Door prizes, refreshments plus a fun, free competition. Attendees are invited to bring & display iris photos, iris floral arrangements & educational iris materials they've created and will vote for a winner in each category. Winners will receive a certificate and prize from the HDIS. Bring items in between 9:30 – 10 am and pick them up 12:30pm. Questions? Call Patricia, Show Chair, (775) 762-9165 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
High Desert Iris Society Show & Symposium on Iris Gardening
Begins: Saturday, June 1, 2019 at 01:00 PM PST
June 1 - 2 : High Desert Iris Society Show - Inside Moana Lane Garden Center: Saturday, June 1: 1 – 6 pm; Sunday, June 2: 9 am - 4pm
Ask Our Experts In-Store ... Every Day!
Begins: Saturday, August 31, 2019 at 08:00 AM PST
Seminars are great but don't forget our staff of green experts can answer questions and provide solutions every day.