Seminars & Events
Our seminars and workshops are conducted by our friendly and knowledgeable staff and local garden experts.
- Seminars are held in our Landscape & DesignCenter at the Moana Lane Nursery location (across the parking lot).
- They are held on Saturdays at 10AM and last about an hour.
- Seminars are FREE, and we operate on a first come, first served basis.
- Space is limited to a maximum of 60, so please come early to get a seat.
- Standing in the back of the room is not permitted, as this is a fire hazard. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
- Popular seminar topics may be repeated.
- We appreciate feedback on our seminars ... please complete this quick survey here.
Pollinator Gardens to Attract Bees, Hummers and Butterflies
Begins: Saturday, April 25, 2015 at 10:00 AM PST
April 25: Pollinator Gardens to Attract Bees, Hummers and Butterflies ... Lynda Nelson, a passionate educator of northern Nevadans for years on all things related to plants, will discuss the importance of having pollinator plants in your garden to provide a habitat for bees, hummers and butterflies to frequent, what plants comprise a typical pollinator garden and how to care for them. In addition, Lynda will share the latest research on the declining bee population which is actually making a comeback. For the last 15 minutes of the seminar, she will guide you through the garden center to see plants mentioned in her seminar. Lynda is actively involved in Nevada Land Trust on Conservation and Restoration projects. Prior to these projects she served as Horticulturist of the Wilbur D. May Arboretum and Botanical Garden for 16 years and the Planning Manager of Washoe County Regional Parks & Open Space for 6 years.
"Read Any Good Labels Lately?"
Begins: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 06:00 PM PST
April 29: 6:00 pm - “Read Any Good Labels Lately?” is the topic of The Reno Rose Society’s April meeting which is open to the public. Presenter Ann Marie Harris, Master Consulting Rosarian, will cover label information to look for in purchasing quality roses, what to look for on fertilizers, organics, and chemicals labels for the garden. For additional information, please contact Rebecca Shaw at 775-971-0777.
Ask Our Experts In-Store ... Every Day!
Begins: Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 09:00 AM PST
Seminars are great but don't forget our staff of green experts can answer questions and provide solutions every day.