Seminars & Events: Moana Nursery Reno & Sparks, Nevada
Our seminars and workshops are conducted by our friendly and knowledgeable staff and local garden experts.
- Seminars are held in our Landscape & DesignCenter at the Moana Lane Nursery location (across the parking lot).
- They are held on Saturdays at 10AM and last about an hour.
- Seminars are FREE, and we operate on a first come, first served basis.
- Space is limited to a maximum of 60, so please come early to get a seat.
- Standing in the back of the room is not permitted, as this is a fire hazard. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
- Popular seminar topics may be repeated.
- We appreciate feedback on our seminars ... please complete this quick survey here.
Creating Your own Backyard Habitat for Pollinators: Hummingbirds, Butterflies and Bees
Begins: Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 10:00 AM PST
June 4: Creating Your own Backyard Habitat for Pollinators: Hummingbirds, Butterflies and Bees ... UNR Cooperative Extension Master Gardener Pamela Van Hoozer will discuss the importance of having pollinator plants in your garden to provide a habitat for bees, hummers and butterflies to frequent, what plants comprise a typical pollinator garden and how to care for them. In addition, she will share the latest research on the declining bee and why there is reason for hope. For the last 15 minutes of the seminar, you will get a guided tour through the garden center to see plants mentioned in the seminar. ... Pamela is a local school garden volunteer and is currently working on a project at one school to achieve Schoolyard Habitat through US Fish & Division of Wildlife.
Moana Nursery's Biggest Little Flower Show
Begins: Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 07:30 AM PST
June 11 : Moana Nursery's Biggest Little Flower Show ... Sponsored by Reno Rose Society ... Open to all gardeners - novices and children included! Show off your favorite blooms and stems! And perhaps win a blue ribbon and a Moana Nursery $25 gift card. Just walk through your garden to find a few lovely specimens. Make a clean cut (leaving a long stem), place immediately in water and bring to Moana Lane location between 7:30 - 9:15 AM to enter. Reno Rose Society members will be on hand to assist you with displaying your entries. Show is open to all gardeners. There is no cost to enter. 7:30 - 9:15 AM: Entries received and completed ... 9:30 - 11:00 AM: Judging ...11:00 AM - 3:00 PM: Show hours ...3:00 – 5:00 PM: Pick up your entries.
Ask Our Experts In-Store ... Every Day!
Begins: Friday, June 17, 2016 at 08:00 AM PST
Seminars are great but don't forget our staff of green experts can answer questions and provide solutions every day.