Better Plants. Better Advice. Better Results.
Contact Information: Email us at: email@example.com
Moana Lane Garden Center
The Florist, Greenhouse &
1100 W. Moana Lane, Reno 775-825-0600
S. Virginia St. Garden Center
Outdoor Living, Tree Land & Moana Rock
11301 S. Virginia St., Reno
Pyramid Hwy. Garden Center Spanish Springs Nursery
7655 Pyramid Hwy., Sparks
Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
At All three locations Including all 3 Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shops, TreeLand & Moana Rock. The Florist at Moana Lane is closed Sunday but great arrangements available in the cooler and orders taken by nursery teammates.
Landscape & Design Center
Water-Wise Irrigation, Hardscapes, Maintenance & Water Features
1190 W. Moana Lane, Reno
775-825-0602 X 134
NV Lic. #3379 A, D, E
CA Lic. #317448
|ACECAP Systemic Insecticide Tree Implant|
|G&B Organics High Bloome Fertilizer|
|G&B Organics Harvest Supreme Soil Amendment|
|Cosmos Sonata Mix|
Sign up for Nature News -
Moana Nursery is on Facebook!
Click the link and become a fan!
Become a Fan Now!
Nature News e-Newsletter
the Wild Birds Unlimited e-Newsletter from Moana Nursery HERE
|G&B Organics Worm-Gro|
|G&B Organics Rose & Flower Planting Mix|
|Bonide Liquid Plant Food||
Happy Independence Day
Have a safe celebration,
all weekend and Monday!
Our 3 garden centers are open all weekend and
9:00 AM to Noon Monday
|Timely, Local High Desert Tips ...
Now is the Time To ...
- Squash bugs are starting to appear on squash, cucumbers, melons & pumpkins. Use Bonide Eight (also controls ants, cicadas, earwigs, scale & mealybugs) or Bon Neem II to control these destructive pests.
- With summer heat here to stay for a while, proper watering is crucial. Click here for Water Wisely for Healthy Plants.
- Adjust your irrigation controller to increase scheduled watering times to counter higher July and August temperature.
- Codling Moths will have their second hatching soon. Use Monterey Codling Moth Traps to monitor when it occurs. Then apply Captain Jack's Deadbug Brew, according to the label, to protect your apple crop from their hungry larvae.
Moana Nursery Rewards Program
Members Only Special
15% Savings on All Fountains*
Offer expires July 15, 2016; *full-priced & in stock.
Trees & Shurbs: 'Venus' Dogwood, 'Snow Fountains' Weeping Cherry, 'Lavender Chiffon' Rose of Sharon, 'Cool Splash' Bush Honeysuckle, 'Royal Purple' Smokebush.
Annuals: 'Crazytunia Mandevilla' Petunia, 'Firecracker' Sunflower, 'Vogue Ginger' Mandevilla, Dahlia, 'Sorbet Denim Jump Up' Viola, 'Charles Star Yellow' Thunbergia.
Perennials: California Fuchsia, 'May Night' Salvia, 'White Swan' Echinacea, 'Inca Ice' Alstroemeria.
Tender Perennial Succulents (bring indoors for winter): 'Perle Von Nurnberg' Echeveria, 'Fred Ives' Graptosedum, 'Desert Rose' Kalanchoe, 'Kiwi Verde' Aeonium, 'Campfire' Crassula.
| Matt's High Desert Tree of the Month:
'Horstmann's Silberlocke' Korean Fir
This beautiful selection is a slow-growing gem featuring needles that have white undersides to give the tree a frosted look. Over time 'Horstmann's Silberlocke' will become a striking focal point in any landscape.
|Bree's Gardening Tips for July
- Continue to dead head (remove dead flowers) from your annuals to encourage continued blooming.
- Get a second bloom from faded annuals -- cut them back to half their height, then fertilize with G&B Organics Bud and Bloome Fertilizer.
- Fertilize containers weekly with G&B Organics Bud and Bloome Fertilizer to keep them lush and blooming.
- Sow seeds of Hollyhocks, English Daisies, Foxgloves, Violets, Canterbury Bells and Sweet William into the garden now for next year's bloom.
Save 20% on Moana-Grown
High Desert Landscape Specials
Better Plants. Better Results.
- #15 'Chanticleer' Flowering Pear (reg. $132)
- #15 'Prairiefire' Flowering Crabapple (reg. $132)
- #5 'Little Princess' Spiraea, (reg. $32)
- #5 Dwarf Red-leaf Plum (Cistena Plum) (reg. $32)
- 3 cu. ft. G&B Organics Soil Building Conditioner (reg. $14.99) - as a mulch, saves water, improves soil and looks good!
*Applies to full-priced Moana-grown trees & shrubs in stock.
| Carmel's Wild Birds Unlimited July Special*
Buy three stackables (seed or suet) and receive a free cylinder feeder. Seed stackables are a great way to maximize the variety of birds you can attract to a single feeder!
*Special applies to full priced merchandise in stock. Expires July 15, 2016
|Carmel's July High Desert Bird of the Month: Cedar Waxwings
How to identify:
Cedar Waxwings are sleek, masked birds with unusual red, waxy deposits at the tips of their secondary feathers. They are cinnamon-colored, with grayish wings and tails and yellow terminal tail-bands. They have distinctive crested heads, black throats, and black masks lined with white. Their bellies have a yellowish tinge, and their undertail coverts are white. Juveniles are mottled gray-brown, and have black masks and yellow tail-bands. The red feather-tips increase in number and size as the bird ages.
Cedar Waxwings inhabit open, lowland woodlands with shrubs and small trees, especially when berry-producing shrubs are present. They are often found in streamside woods and avoid the forest interior. They are common in forest clearings, wetlands, edges, residential areas, orchards, and stands of Russian olive.
Click here to read the rest of Carmel's informative articles and more on local birds at www.reno.wbu.com.
Sign up there for our monthly Wild Birds Unlimited newsletter.
| Karma's July Featured Product: Organocide 3-in-1 Garden Spray
. . . our go-to organic insecticide, fungicide and miticide. It's proven NOT to harm bees, butterflies or ladybugs. To protect leaves from damage, spray in early morning or late evening. See the below link for FAQs. http://www.yourplantdoctor.com/organocide
Moana Nursery's High Desert Gardener Services for Residential & Business
Our talented team led by Leslie Richardson has expanded their menu of services:
- Garden Design, Installation & Maintenance
- Specialty Gardens of all types
Call 825-0602 x134 for free estimate.
Interior Plant Services
We provide three interior plant service programs - you can buy, rent or lease. For a free consultation with Vicky Ross, Interior Plant Design & Maintenance Manager, call 825-0602 x 134.
August 18: Raise the River Fundraiser - - A Sensory Experience to benefit KTMB
Music plus five sensory stations themed for taste, smell, sight, touch & sound will offer food and drink paired to each sense. Moana Nursery is sponsoring the Sense of Smell..
5:30 -- 9 PM Sensory Garden in Idlewild Park, Reno ... tickets at ktmb.org/raisetheriver
July 2: The Reno Rose Society Presents
"A Galaxy of Roses" Reno's Annual Rose and Flower Show
McKinley Arts & Culture Center, 925 Riverside Dr., Reno
Free admission 12 - 5 PM
Arrangement Demonstrations from 2 to 4 PM
Seminars return in September.
Visit any time to get expert gardening information ...
- High Desert Fact Sheets
- Bi-weekly Timely Tips
- Helpful High Desert Videos
- Monthly Newsletters
- Weekly Specials
- High Desert Plant Finder & Guide
- And much more - Here's one ...
A New, Local Tool For You ... Moana Nursery's Exclusive High Desert Plant Finder & Guide
- Search and explore plants that thrive in our unique climate and region.
- Build wish lists, learn about plant characteristics and find the perfect plants for you and your home.
- Bring your wish list to your favorite Moana Nursery location and our expert staff will help with your choices.
Plan & Plant tool for you!
Now is the perfect time to use our Plan & Plant resource to easily design and get expert assistance for those dreams and changes you have for your yard. Take a look and see if it inspires you
... we all can be "landscape designers" with these simple tools.
Our website is filled with local gardening & landscaping advice to make you comfortable gardening and landscaping in our high desert.